What is the Highway Project?
Glad you asked! The Highway Project is an initiative to create a Nether Highway to reach the North-West corner of the world border. The Highway Project was initiated in February of 2022 by gcaisawesome and is still ongoing. All information included on this page is as of the date of posting (3/10/22) and progress will be periodically updated here to document the process. The Highway uses alternating Blue Ice to maximize travel speed while minimizing the sheer amount of Ice needed. Ultimately the Highway will feature high speed travel with a scenic mineshaft aesthetic for an enjoyable & hellishly long commute.
Want to Contribute? Either donate materials from the lists below or contact gca to help building!
Materials Needed | Donations Welcome
Core Highway Infrastructure
- Blue Ice or Variants
- All variants will be crafted up to Blue Ice for use in highway
- Cobbled Deepslate
- Will be used for Buttons & Slabs to spawn-proof the highway and provide spacing between the ice blocks
External Blast / Fireproof shell
- Cobblestone or other Blast-proof blocks
- Fire-proof buttons (spawn-proofing, if I get punted by another hoglin while working Ima lose it)
- Coal Blocks
- Dark Oak Logs
- Spruce Fence Gates
- Cobbled Deepslate Slabs
- Dark Oak Stairs
- Iron Bars
- Cobbled Deepslate Stairs
- Copper Ore
- Iron Ore
- Polished Deepslate Slab / Stairs (3 - 4 stacks Max, only needed for destination platforms)
- Dark Oak Wood (the 6 sided wood log thing)
- Soul Lanterns
- Coal Ore
Thursday March 10, 2022 (3/10/22)
As of this report, the project has been ongoing for well over a month. Over 4 shulkers worth of Blue Ice have already been laid for the core highway. Currently the outer shell is being built to catch up with the progress of the core highway before it is extended further. Exact progress will be measured in future reports.